Coming this Summer-Habitat for Humanity Opportunity
May 1, 2017
COMING THIS SUMMER!
An opportunity to work with Habitat for Humanity to help a low-income family build their dream of home ownership.
Put the planned St. Thomas More work days of June 10, July 8 and August 5 on your calendar.
What you need to know:
- Days are divided into 4 hour morning and afternoon shifts. You can choose to work either a half or whole day.
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years old to be on the construction site.
- Everyone ages 17 and under must provide a waiver signed by their parent or guardian.
- Everyone must fill out an annual safety waiver. You must be there at the start of your shift to review safety instructions and daily tasks.
- Everything you need will be at your volunteer location, but you are welcome to bring your own tools &/or materials.
- Wear comfortable clothing and closed toed shoes.
- No prior knowledge or skills in construction is necessary.
If you are interested in working on this project, please sign up by contacting the Habitat for Humanity volunteer coordinator, Cherie Cool-Rudd, at (319)337-8949 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Identify yourself as working with the St. Thomas More group.
For more information, contact Peggy Lyon at email@example.com or (319)230-3059 or Mark Ray at (804)243-0562 or firstname.lastname@example.org