Habitat for Humanity Opportunity-October 7th
Sep 26, 2017
HABITAT FOR HUMANITY WORK DAY
Because of popular request, St. Thomas More is planning an additional work day with Habitat for Humanity.
We are trying to help finish a two family home that will give homes to Johnson & Devine who have 4 children and Lena & Rashid who have 5 children.
Date: Saturday, October 7
Location: Two Family Home at 221/223 Sierra Park Dr., Hills, IA 52235
Sign up to work by contacting the Habitat for Humanity volunteer coordinator, Cherie Cool-Rudd, at (319)337-8949
or at email@example.com. Identify yourself as working with the St. Thomas More group. Habitat will let you know what the work address is when you sign up or at a later date. Be sure to give them your contact information.
What you need to know:
• Days are divided into 4 hour morning and afternoon shifts. You can choose to work either a half or whole day.
• Volunteers must be at least 16 years old to be on the construction site.
• Everyone ages 17 and under must provide a waiver signed by their parent or guardian.
• Everyone must fill out an annual safety waiver. You must be there at the start of your shift to review safety instructions and daily tasks.
• Everything you need will be at your volunteer location, but you are welcome to bring your own tools &/or materials.
• Wear comfortable clothing and closed toed shoes.
• No prior knowledge or skills in construction is necessary.
For more information, contact Peggy Lyon at firstname.lastname@example.org or (319)230-3059
or Mark Ray at (804)243-0562 or email@example.com