Church and Family Life
Church and Family Life Chairperson: Deb Wagner Deborah.email@example.com
April 20 in the lower level after the Easter Vigil.
All are welcome to attend.
If you are interested in volunteering or donating food see the sign up link
It's May Basket time again at STM! The Church Life/Family Life Commission is sponsoring a service project at Lantern Park Care Initiatives and we would love to have your help. We encourage you to donate goodies such as small food items (individually wrapped like Little Debbie), candy, pens and notepads, toiletries, canned pop or juice boxes, magazines, crossword puzzles, grip socks, stationery or other things you think a senior in a care facility might enjoy (ideally to fit in a decorated paper bag) by Sunday, April 28. Collection boxes located in the multi purpose room at STM. We will also be stuffing bags (kid friendly!) on Tuesday, April 30 at 11 AM in the Lower Level at STM. Finally we will be delivering the bags to the residents at Lantern Park Care Initiatives, 2200 Oakdale Rd, Coralville on Sunday, May 5 at 1:15 PM until 2:30 PM. This is also a very family friendly experience. Help us spread the Joy of Easter! Questions or to RSVP, please contact Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you so much for helping with this ministry to seniors that has been going on for several decades!
Many blessings to you all!
St. Thomas More has created a new ministry to welcome new people to our parish community. Please click here if you'd like to help!
- Easter Vigil/RICA reception after the Easter Vigil April 20, 2019.
- Euchre/Game Night will be held May 4, 2019 following 5:15 mass. Menu is standard potluck so bring anything. Please contact Eileen DeArmond (email@example.com 319-626-6374) or Char Elbert (firstname.lastname@example.org 319-430-1750) if you have any questions.
- Calling on all who knit and/or crochet: The knitting ministry has taken on a new project to make matching scarves for the NCYC attendees. Yarn and pattern are provided. Contact Chris Luzzie email@example.com if you are interested in making a scarf.
Who likes Coffee and Doughnuts after mass?
- The current C & D coordinator, Amanda Ray, will be moving on to new opportunities and be done in this current position in June. We are now in need of a new coordinator. The person in this position organizes the weekly volunteers, recruits and trains new volunteers, communicates with the Church/Family Life commission as to the state of the program, communicates with church staff regarding ordering, money and the church calendar. If you are interested in more information please contact Amanda Ray firstname.lastname@example.org or Deborah Wagner email@example.com
- St. Thomas More's Social Justice Commission member Kim Spading organizes a meal for the Catholic Worker House once a month. She is looking for additional parishioners to help with this endeavor. She has a sign up genius to make it easy for you to see what is needed each month.
- If you would like to be added to her email list please send your info to firstname.lastname@example.org
Euchre Game Nights - watch bulletin for details.
Church and Family Life Commission plans and assists with the following parish activities:
Sacrament of Confirmation Reception
Hospitality Ministry including New Parishioner Welcome Dinners
Sunday Afternoon Teas
Game Nights/Euchre Tournaments
May Baskets for Nursing Homes
Ash Wednesday Soup Supper