Church and Family Life Chairperson: Judy Frits [email protected]
Building a stronger parish through food, fellowship and fun.
We plan activities througout the year to develop a sense of community within the parish. Please consider joining this Commission to help us fulfill our mission.
Church Life/Family Life meets the third Wednesday of the month, 7:00 PM at St. Thomas More. All activities are open to anyone to attend or volunteer.
Church Life/Family Life activities:
- Coffee & Donuts—Provided after the 8:30 & 11:00 AM Sunday masses. Volunteers are always needed to be hosts.
- Euchre/Game Night—Occurs approximately four times/year. Held after Saturday 5:15 pm mass in lower level with potluck meal followed by cards/games. Fee to play euchre is $2.50 a person. No fee for games.
- 50+ Fellowship Group—a "young" group formed in the spring/smmer of 2021 in response to parishioner interest. There is fellowship through conversation and activities as identified by group members.
- Knitting Ministry—Meets Saturdays interminttently throughout the year from 3:30-5:00 pm. They provide "Prayer Shawls" given to recipients of the Anointing of the Sick sacrament.
- Funeral Luncheons—Assists families with planning, providing food and serving a meal after a funeral service.
- Ash Wednesday Soup Supper—Begin the Lenten season by preparing warm soups and breads on Ash Wednesday morning and serving after Mass to fellow parishioners & families, friends & visitors.
- Christmas Caroling at Lantern Park Specialty Care—Visit and share songs during December with residents.
- May Baskets at Lantern Park Specialty Care—Create and deliver May Day gift baskets for the residents around May 1st.
- Special Receptions—New Parishoner Meal, Farewell Receptions & more as needed. Needs are requested via email and Sign Up Genius.
- Young Adult Ministry—An opportunity for Adults 21-40 gathering to focus on Social, Service and Spiritual activities.
- Special Receptions—New Parishioner Meal, Easter Vigil Reception, Farewell Receptions and more as needed. Needs are requested via email and Sign-Up Genius.
- Parish Photo Directory—A resource in getting to know our parish community. Volunteers will be needed to help with scheduling and check-in at photo sessions
Back to Top Share this page on