Church and Family Life Chairperson: Judy Frits [email protected]
We plan activities throughout the year to develop a sense of community within the parish. Please consider joining this Commission to help build a stronger, more hospitable parish community! Church Life/Family Life meets the third Wednesday of the month. All activities are open to anyone to attend or volunteer.
Upcoming parish activities currently suspended due to COVID-19. Check back for updates.
Church Life/Family Life activities:
- Euchre/Game Night—Occurs approximately four times/year. Held after Saturday 5:15 pm mass in lower level with potluck meal followed by cards/games. Fee to play euchre is $2.50 a person. No fee for games.
- Welcome Commission—A friendly presence at masses assisting individuals seeking to join St. Thomas More.
- Coffee & Donuts—Provided after the 8:30 & 11 am Sunday masses. Volunteers are always needed to be hosts.
- Funeral Luncheons—Assists the family with planning, providing food and serving a meal after a service.
- Young Adult Ministry—An opportunity for Adults 21-40 gathering to focus on Social, Service and Spiritual activities.
- Knitting Ministry—Meets from Saturday intermittently throughout the year from 3:30-5 pm. They provide “Prayer Shawls” given to recipients of the Anointing of Sick sacrament.
- Special Receptions—New Parishioner Meal, Easter Vigil Reception, Farewell Receptions and more as needed. Needs are requested via email and Sign-Up Genius.
- Parish Photo Directory 2021—A resource in getting to know our parish community. Volunteers will be needed to help with scheduling and check-in at photo sessions starting in August.
St. Thomas More has created a new Commission to welcome new people to our parish community. Please click here if you'd like to help! Chairperson: Leigha Rios
- St. Thomas More's Social Justice Commission member Kim Spading organizes a meal for the Catholic Worker House once a month. She is looking for additional parishioners to help with this endeavor. She has a sign up genius to make it easy for you to see what is needed each month.
- If you would like to be added to her email list please send your info to [email protected]