Do you have questions about the COVID-19 vaccinations? The Social Justice Commission would like to help answer your questions by inviting some clinical and medical professionals to share some information about the COVID-19 vaccinations and then stay to answer any questions you may have after all masses on June 26th and 27th. We welcome all questions! If you do not feel comfortable asking your questions in person, we have provided a COVID-19 question box in the back of the church. Just complete one of the question slips provided next to the box. If you would like someone to call or email you with the answer to your question, then please add your name and phone number or email address on the question slip (this is optional).
The COVID-19 vaccines are now available to anyone 12 years of age or older. Children 12-18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent.
The COVID-19 vaccines are free to everyone.
Currently, COVID-19 vaccines are available at all of the following locations in Johnson County locations:
- HyVee Pharmacies – appointments can be scheduled online
- Walgreens Pharmacies – appointments can be scheduled online
- Walmart Pharmacies/Sam’s Club – walk-ins are available, or you can schedule an appointment online
- Costco Coralville Pharmacy – walk-ins are available, or you can schedule an appointment online
- CVS Pharmacies – walk-ins are available, or you can schedule an appointment online
- Towncrest Pharmacy – walk-ins are available, or you can schedule an appointment online
- Nucara Pharmacy – call 319 354-6006 to schedule an appointment
- Hartig Drug – appointments can be scheduled online
- The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics – call your provider or send a message requesting a vaccine on MyChart.
- Mercy Hospital Iowa City – call your provider or request and appointment online
- Iowans with barriers to scheduling a vaccine appointment or who do not have internet access who are 65 or older, or 64 and younger with an underlying health condition can call 211 or 800-244-7431 and a vaccine navigator will assist them with scheduling a vaccine appointment. Translation services are available. Vaccine navigators are available 7 days a week from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. by dialing 211 or 800-244-7431 and selecting the vaccine prompt number 9.
- If transportation is a barrier preventing you from getting to and from a vaccination appointment, please contact Kelly Schneider, Johnson County Social Services Mobility Coordinator at 319-688-5841.
- Starting on May 24th lyft is funding free rides (up to $15) each way to and from vaccination appointments.
- From May 24th through July 4th Uber is offering up to 4 free rides (up to $25 each) to and from your vaccination appoint
- COVID-19 vaccination question can also be sent to stmparishfamily.com, Contact, General Contact