HABITAT FOR HUMANITY WORK DAY PLANNED FOR SATURDAY, July 8.
Help a family realize their dream of a home of their own.
Sign up to work by contacting the Habitat for Humanity volunteer coordinator, Cherie Cool-Rudd, at (319)337-8949 or at [email protected]. Identify yourself as working with the St. Thomas More group. Habitat will let you know what the work address is when you sign up or at a later date. Be sure to give them your contact information.
If you are unable to work July 8, put the work day of August 5 on your calendar.
What you need to know:
- Days are divided into 4 hour morning and afternoon shifts. You can choose to work either a half or whole day.
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years old to be on the construction site.
- Everyone ages 17 and under must provide a waiver signed by their parent or guardian.
- Everyone must fill out an annual safety waiver. You must be there at the start of your shift to review safety instructions and daily tasks.
- Everything you need will be at your volunteer location, but you are welcome to bring your own tools &/or materials.
- Wear comfortable clothing and closed toed shoes.
- No prior knowledge or skills in construction is necessary.